Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wilt in Nowhere by Tom Sharpe

http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/3899704

It is a good few years ago that I last read a novel that contained the protagonists Henry and Eva Wilt, but my memories of this couple soon came flooding back. I literally laughed my way through this in a day as once again the Wilts got themselves into the most terrible tangle of events!

Henry and Eva are apart for much of the time so there are two ludicrously farcical plots to follow. Eva and the horrendous quads have been invited to holiday with relatives in the USA which of course all goes horribly wrong. Henry in his inevitable way has managed to wriggle out of this trip. Pleading work but then planning a secret lone walking holiday which of course is also set by misfortune!

If you are an old fan of the Wilts then you will probably enjoy this as farcical as ever trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.